As someone who doesn't tolerate eggs well, I'm always on the lookout for a good egg free breakfast! This is one you can clear out the fridge with. Add any leftover veggies in here!
If you're on a Whole30, make sure the bacon is sugar free! Whole30 doesn't recommend bacon being your sole protein in a meal, but it's not a rule. If you'd rather, add sausage to this hash!
Bacon and Veggie Hash
- 4 slices bacon
- ½ head cabbage chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 3-4 potatoes chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- salt optional
- Pre-heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Fill a pan with water and set over high heat. When boiling, add the potatoes and carrots. Cook until fork tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, chop or cut the bacon into bite sized pieces and cook in the skillet. The bacon will produce its own grease, but add a bit or coconut oil if needed. Cook until slightly crispy.
- Add the cabbage, onion, and garlic to the skillet.
- When the vegetables are softened, add the potatoes and carrots to the pan. Mix thoroughly.
- Add salt if needed, and serve!
Leave a Reply