I love summer so much, and I especially love the fruit that's in season!
These blueberry treats aren't quite like cookies, they are bit lighter in texture, so I like to call them cookie puffs. They're kid approved so they must be good!
Feel free to add more honey if you like them sweeter. I personally limit my sugar intake so I tend to not be heavy handed on sweeteners.
Blueberry Cookie Puffs
- 1 cup cassava flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place parchment paper on a cookie tray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate, small bowl, mash the blueberries so most of the liquid is released.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the large bowl and mix together.
- Place heaping tablespoon sized balls onto the cookie tray.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until a light golden brown color forms on the bottom.