Beef stew is a staple in many households, but it normally uses white flour to thicken it. It’s an otherwise perfectly healthy meal! This is a paleo version, and absolutely perfect for this already cold winter we’re having! Leave it in the slow cooker so it’s finished cooking when you come home!
Classic Paleo Beef Stew
- 2 lbs potatoes chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 carrots chopped into coins
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 1.25 lb stew meat (or any cut of meat, chopped up)
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 5 cups broth
- 4 Tbsp arrowroot powder
- 6 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp rosemary optional
- 1/2 inch piece horseradish grated, optional
- Place the potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, meat, salt, and broth into the slow cooker. Note: if your broth is bland, add any or all of the optional ingredients now.
- Place on high for 3-4 hours, or until the meat is cooked through and the veggies are tender.
- When finished, mix the arrowroot with water thoroughly. Slowly pour into the stew while quickly stirring so the stew will thicken.
- Serve and enjoy!