These easy Gluten Free Chicken Tenders have only 5 ingredients! Can't get much simpler than that.
This dairy free ranch dressing is a delicious dip for these tenders!
These easy Whole30 Chicken Tenders only have 5 ingredients!
That's it! Way fewer ingredients than buying them pre-made, and you get to control the ingredients!
Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
Mix the flour and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
In another small bowl, whisk an egg and set aside.
Next, slice the chicken into the sizes you desire. You can keep tenderloins as is, or slice them into smaller strips.
To get the chicken ready for frying, fully coat it in the whisked egg, then dredge it in the flour to fully coat it.
Working in batches, place the chicken into the pre-heated frying pan. Cook evenly on both sides until chicken is completely cooked through.
Note: Cooking time will depend on the size of the tenders. Start with at least 2 minutes per side if you have smaller pieces, but be sure to check with a thermometer.
Set the cooked tenders on a plate lined with paper towel and repeat until the remaining chicken is cooked.
Repeat until all the chicken has been cooked!
- Use cassava flour in place of the all purpose gluten free flour. This will not only make it grain free, but also Whole30 compatible and paleo friendly!
- In addition to or in place of the salt, try various seasonings or spice blends for a different flavor!
Be sure the tenders are cooked to 165F degrees! Anything less than this is considered undercooked and therefore unsafe to eat.
Storage and Reheating
As with all fried food, these tenders don't come out quite the same when they're reheated!
Your best option is to place them on an oven safe plate and place them in the oven on 350F degrees until they are to the temperature of your liking.
For storage, place them in an airtight container and consume within 3 days of cooking.
Anytime you eat chicken tenders, a dipping sauce is an absolute must have! I have a few on my blog to choose from. They are TRULY delicious, I didn't post any of them until they were just right!
- These tenders are crazy good with this cilantro lime dressing. The mix of flavors is so intense, a rush of delight to your taste buds. The chicken picks up the flavors of the cilantro, lime, and garlic so perfectly you'll be hard pressed to stop eating!
- This dairy free ranch dressing is also a delicious choice! You can't beat a good ranch. This one is also yeast free! It has fresh herbs and veggies making it more nutritious than the average ranch too.
- A fabulous dressing to pair with these is sugar free honey mustard (pictured)! This honey mustard is whole30 compatible too, read the post to find out what makes it compatible! Hint- it's not honey! It's so yummy, and nice to have some of your favorite condiments in a real food, healthy way!
- Want a fruity and tangy twist? Use this Mango Dressing for something different! If you like mango you'll love this dressing, the flavor gets to stand out and shine! This dressing is also paleo and whole30, as they are all.
Gluten Free Chicken Tenders
- 1 Knife
- 1 Cutting Board
- 2 small bowls
- 1 Frying pan
- 1 pair of tongs
- ⅓-1/2 cup all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon salt or any seasoning of choice.
- 1 egg
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast or tenderloins
- Mix the flour and salt together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat with oil.
- Cut the chicken into strips or whatever size you prefer.
- Working in batches, coat the strips in egg, then dredge in the flour mixture.
- Place the strips gently in the hot oil, and fry on each side. Time will vary depending on how large pieces were cut, start with 2 minutes per side then check.
- Place on a towel or paper towel while you finish up the remaining strips. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Leave me a comment and a rating below! I love hearing your thoughts.
Feel free to post and tag me with your creations @thecleanhappylife! I love seeing you all make my recipes.
Note-this post may contain some affiliate links that earn me a small commision, but at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Leave a Reply