These whole30 and paleo fried meatballs are different than regular meatballs. Most are baked or simmered in a sauce, but these are deliciously fried and perfect for a Whole30 appetizer!
Ingredients for Whole30 Fried Meatballs
- Coconut or Avocado oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Chili Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Ground Chicken
- Cassava Flour
- Cooking Spray
Thrive Market has their own brand of cassava flour that I’ve used it in many recipes (baking and cooking) without issues. Thrive Market is a company I feel really good about supporting. If you don’t have a Thrive Market subscription, click here to check it out.
For the sauce in this recipe, I used Cucina Antica, Nonna’s Recipe. It has the Whole30 approved stamp of approval, so you know not only does it have no sugar or soybean oil, and the ingredients are all clean and completely real foods.
How to Make Paleo Fried Meatballs
Preheat your oven and get your frying pan ready with oil in it.
Mix the spices with ground meat.
Form the meat into approximately golf ball sized balls.
Crack and whisk an egg. In another small bowl, place the cassava flour inside.
Gently roll the meatball in the egg, then gently roll again in the cassava flour to coat.
Working in batches, fry the meatballs, gently moving or rolling them as needed to ensure all sides are evenly fried.
When all the meatballs are fried, place them on a baking sheet. Gently spray them with cooking oil.
Bake them in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the sauce in a saucepan over medium heat, until fully heated.
Once the meatballs register 165F degrees, they are ready to serve and enjoy alongside the sauce!
Whole30 + Paleo Fried Meatballs
- Coconut or avocado oil for frying
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 lb. ground chicken can also use pork or turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cassava flour
- cooking spray
- 1 jar Cucina Antica Sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Place a skillet on medium heat and heat the oil.
- Mix together all the spices and ground meat. Form the meat into golf ball sized meatballs.
- One at a time, gently roll the meatballs in the egg, then again in the flour to thoroughly coat.
- Working in batches, fry the meatballs, gently moving them as needed in order to fry them all around.
- Place fried meatballs on a sheet pan. Gently spray with cooking oil.
- Place pan in the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until or until meatballs register 165 degrees F internally.
- While the meatballs cook, heat the Cucina Antica sauce in a saucepan over medium.
- Serve together and enjoy!
Meatballs are so easy to make, convenient to reheat as leftovers, and come in so many flavors! If you’re looking for more Whole30 and paleo meatball recipes, try out my Whole30 Curry Meatballs. They are insanely delicious, and it makes a lot of sauce to smother the meatballs in and spoon over the veggies or mashed potatoes you serve it with!
Did you make these Whole30 + Paleo Fried Meatballs? Leave me a comment below to let me know your results! I love to hear your results and how it came out.
Feel free to take a picture and post it to Instagram! Tag me @thecleanhappylife.
Please note: some of these links are affiliate links, and earn me a small commission but at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!