These gluten free meatballs are absolutely delicious and make a unique addition to mealtime! I love making them as DIY Urban Greek Bowls (read more below!) which are just BURSTING with flavor, super healthy, and filled with nutritious herbs and spices!
Looking for traditional, Italian meatballs? Try these Gluten Free Meatballs, which take your spaghetti and meatballs up a notch with a special step!
- Lemon Juice
- Coconut Flour
- Garlic Powder
- Parmesan Cheese
- Red Pepper Flakes
Place all the ingredients together in a large bowl, and mix with your hands thoroughly.
Roll them in your hands to make golf ball sized meatballs.
Place all the meatballs in rows on a baking sheet, leaving space inbetween them.
Bake them in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit when inserted in the center of the meatballs.
- Pork-If you don't have chicken on hand, you could use pork instead!
- Reggiano Cheese-If you prefer, try Reggiano cheese instead of parmesan cheese, or try a mix of the two!
- Lemon Rind-if you get your juice from a fresh lemon, add some of the rind as well!
Store any leftovers in an airtight container. Keep them in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
The best way to reheat them is to place them inside an oven safe container with a lid or covered with foil. Place them in the oven on 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat until they reach the desired temperature.
I absolutely love making my own Urban Greek Bowls with these meatballs! Urban Greek has a lot of healthy options, but their meatballs are not gluten free.
In a large bowl add rice and/or greens for your base, these meatballs, and any Greek toppings you'd like! Think olives, red peppers, marinated onions, feta cheese, etc.
These gluten free meatballs are also delicious with buttery noodles! Add some parmesan cheese as well! If you're avoiding dairy, use olive oil instead!
Be sure to mix these with your hands! Meatballs will get tough if they get overmixed, and mixing with your hands avoids that.
They come out moist and have a great texture this way!
More Meatball Recipes
Lemon Chicken Meatballs
- 1 large mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Baking Tray or frying pan
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- l egg
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- 1.5 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese optional
- red pepper flakes to taste, optional
- cooking spray or olive oil
- Preheat the oven on 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside. Optionally, pour some oil in a frying pan and heat over medium heat.
- Place all the ingredients except oil in a large bowl and combine thoroughly with your hands. Form into golf ball sized meatballs.
- To bake the meatballs, place them in rows on the baking sheet, with space in between. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- To fry, place the meatballs in the heated pan and fry evenly on all sides, approximately 8-10 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
If you made this recipe, let me know how it went below! Also share what you served it with as I'm always looking for more ideas than just biscuits!
Share a photo and tag me on Instagram @thecleanhappylife!