Everyone needs a meatball recipe in their recipe index, and when you go gluten free, that changes things! I love this gluten free meatball recipe as it's quite tasty and versatile to many meals!
Want a grain free meatball recipe instead? Check out these Whole30 meatballs which use a grain free flour!
- Cooking spray
- Ground Beef
- Salt and pepper
- Chili pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- All-purpose gluten free flour
Pre-heat your oven to 350F. Spray the baking tray with cooking spray, and set it aside.
Place the ground beef and all the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands.
When everything is mixed, use your hands or an ice cream scoop to form the mixture into golf ball sized meatballs.
Place the meatballs on the baking sheet with space in between.
Place the meatballs on the baking tray in even rows with space in between.
Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the center of the meatballs registers 165F on a thermometer.
- Meat: You can switch up the ground beef in any way you'd like! Chicken, turkey, or pork.
- Spices: Switch these up with your favorite spices! Love garlic? Add more! Love spicy food? Add more chili pepper! While they go with many ways to eat meatballs, use Italian seasoning instead for traditional spaghetti and meatballs!
For any leftovers, place them into an airtight container, or wrap tightly with saran wrap or the like. Store in the fridge for 3-5 days.
To reheat them, place them in an oven tight container. Place the oven on 350F. Ideally, place foil or a plate over the top of the container so they don't dry out, and heat them until the desired temperature is reached.
Alternatively, you can microwave them until the desired temperature is reached as well.
- Mixing bowl
- Baking Tray
- Measuring spoons
- Ice Cream Scoop (optional)
While the ice cream scoop is optional, I really like using it! It makes the meatballs nice and neat, and such a perfect shape.
While I do recommend mixing the meat with your hands (see the top tip below to find out why!), it can be a pain to roll the meat into balls because it starts to stick to your hands.
The ice cream scoop prevents that! Be sure to use one with the lever to scoop it out for ease. It also cleans off very easily!
Be sure to mix the ingredients with your hands! Meatballs that have been overmixed can become tough when baked. Mix with your hands and only mix until the ingredients are just mixed fully.
Gluten Free Meatballs
- 1 Baking Tray
- 1 large mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- 1 ice cream scoop optional
- cooking spray
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. chili pepper
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees and spray a cooking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the meat, egg, flour, and spices in a large mixing bowl and mix with your hands.
- Use your hands to form the meat into golf ball size meatballs or use an ice cream scoop to shape them for you. Place them on the tray with space in between.
- Place the tray in the pre-heated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. They are finished when a thermometer reads 165F degrees.
And there you have it! I absolutely love the seasoning blend for these, it goes so well with everything and is so flavorful.
Did you make these Gluten free meatballs? Share a photo and tag me on Instagram @thecleanhappylife!
Please note: some of these links are affiliate links, and earn me a small commission but at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!