A delicious gluten free meatloaf recipe that's perfect for weeknight dinners to get your protein in!
This pairs perfectly with my Whole30 mashed potatoes! They're rich and creamy without the dairy!
- Ground Beef
- Gluten free bread or bread crumbs
Unfortunately, so many ketchups have high fructose corn syrup and less than ideal ingredients.
If you'd like a cleaner brand, try the ketchup from Noble Made! Formerly The New Primal, they produce a very clean and sugar free ketchup!
Start off by pre-heating the oven and greasing a bread pan, then set it aside.
Next let's make the meatloaf! You can add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl, but be sure to pour the milk directly over the breadcrumbs/bread pieces. Mix together.
Place the entire mixture into the bread pan, then place in the place in the pre-heated oven.
Bake until the thermometer reaches 165F degrees.
Spread the ketchup over the top if you'd like, then you're done!
- You can do mixed meat instead of just ground beef. Do a mix of pork and beef if you'd like!
- Mix up the spices if you'd like! This recipe is more of an Italian blend of seasoning, but you can add any of your favorites!
Place leftovers in an air tight container, or seal tightly with saran wrap or foil. Keep in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
To reheat, place the meatloaf in an oven safe container for a few minutes on 350 degrees Fahrenheit. To prevent it from drying out, place a plate or foil over the top of the container while it's heating.
Dairy Free Alternatives
If you'd like to make this dairy free also, there are a couple options for you.
- You can use Almond Milk! It has a very neutral taste and you won't even notice a difference.
- If you prefer something else, try coconut milk. However, I do recommend using coconut milk from a carton, not a can. Coconut milk can be overpowering, so be sure to use a brand in a carton so it's a bit more neutral.`
Other Gluten Free Entrees
Gluten Free Meatloaf
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Knife
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 baking dish
- 1.5 lbs. ground beef
- ⅔ cup gluten free bread crumbs or 1.5 cup chopped gluten free bread
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 medium onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp. ketchup plus more to optionally top meatloaf with
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray or coat a bread pan with cooking spray or butter, and set aside.
- Add all ingredients to the bowl in any order, but pour the milk directly over the breadcrumbs (or bread) to soften them. Mix together by hand.
- Place the meat mixture into the bread pan and cover with foil. Place in the oven for 45 minutes, or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- At the 30 minute mark, spread ketchup over the top of the meatloaf and finish baking uncovered. Serve and enjoy!
If you made this recipe, let me know how it went below! Feel free to ask any questions as well about the recipe!
Share a photo and tag me on Instagram @thecleanhappylife.