Nachos are another food that are so delicious but unfortunately are made with less than ideal ingredients. Even if the toppings are cleaned up, tortilla chips are typically made with nasty vegetable oils. Also, corn is not paleo and many people choose or need to avoid it.
That's where these nachos step in! They are Keto and Primal, and quite delicious! If you're not eating dairy, simply omit the cheese, and sprinkle some nutritional yeast flakes on top!
I also love that this meal gets dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes! If you want to spend just a bit of extra time and make the meat extra flavorful, use my taco meat recipe!
- 20 mini bell peppers stems cut off and sliced into halves or quarters
- 1 lb ground meat
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- cilantro chopped
- ½ 16 oz can black olives sliced in half
- 16 oz shredded cheese (not allowed on Whole30 or strict paleo)
- 1 avocado
- 1 small onion diced
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Preheat the peppers, and lay skin side down to fill the pan. Place in the oven for approximately 8 minutes, or until softened but still firm.
- Meanwhile, cook the ground meat. Add the cumin and salt and cook until no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- When the peppers are finished, remove from the oven and spoon the meat all over the peppers.
- Add toppings of choice.
- Place tray back into the oven, and cook until heated through and the cheese is melted. Enjoy!