Instant Pot Recipe
This soup comes together fast, and it only cooks for 3 minutes! I love that you can cook the veggies right in the Instant Pot before cooking it, by using the saute setting. If you don't have an Instant Pot, it's super easy to convert to the stove top. Simply follow the directions up to where you pressurize the Instant Pot. Instead, put the lid on and boil until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
This is a super healthy soup, it's loaded with greens and broth! I personally think bacon is healthy too, as long as it's sourced properly....see below for that. There's no gluten or grains here either! It's gluten free, soy free, and dairy free. Feel free to use any milk you like, but coconut milk keeps this Paleo friendly and Whole30 compliant (unsure about the program? Check out this post on what is Whole30)!
Don't worry about the coconut milk making this sweet, or having an overpowering coconut flavor-it's just enough to make it creamy, and adds such a nice, subtle flavor. Don't skip it!
Who doesn't looooove bacon? Bacon can be a healthy protein option, although it gets a bad rap. Most definitely, sourcing matters! Don't get store brand if at all possible...and read your labels! Bacon can have all sorts of additives, including soy and food coloring. Bacon typically gets cured with some form of sugar, making it a no-no for all you Whole30ers. If so, get your bacon from Naked Bacon! There is no sugar added at all, and it's nitrite and nitrate free! The Naked Bacon company also treat their animals well, so you know your money is well spent. Use code THECLEANHAPPYLIFE for a free pack of bacon added to your order!
More Whole30 Soups to Try
Want more bacon in your soup? Check out this Dairy Free Potato Soup, which can also be made Whole30!
Leeky Green and Bacon Soup
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 leeks sliced lengthwise then chopped
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups broth
- 3 med/lg potatoes chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley lightly packed
- 4 cups kale lightly packed
- 2.5 tsp. salt more/less depending on how salty the broth is
- ½ tsp. chile pepper
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 12 oz pack of bacon
- ½ can coconut milk
- Put the Instant Pot on medium on the saute setting, and heat the olive oil.
- Add the leeks, garlic, and bay leaves to the pot. Saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the saute setting, and add in the broth, potatoes, parsley, kale, and spices. Mix thoroughly.
- Lock the lid, and cook for 3 minutes on the soup setting.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon until crispy on the stove top and set aside.
- When the soup is finished, quick release the steam. When finished, serve in bowls and top with the bacon!
Did you make this? Share it on Instagram and tag me @thecleanhappylife please!
Note-this post contains affiliate links, which earn me a small commision at no extra cost to you.
I am gonna really try this soup out.
Wonderful! Let me know how you like it! 🙂
Linda O Bella says
I am definitely gonna try this recipe :), I love trying new healthy food daily 🙂
Awesome! Let me know how you like it 💙