This recipe is easily customizable to any type of "cream of...." soup you need.
It's paleo, but you could also use butter and dairy milk if you tolerate that.
It makes 2 cups, total, so just over a can sized amount.
Paleo Cream of Soup
- 4 tablespoon palm shortening or butter if tolerable
- 4 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup broth
- ½ cup filling (chicken, mushroom, broccoli, celery, etc) diced
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the shortening.
- Slowly add in the arrowroot powder, whisking the entire time.
- Very slowly, pour in the milk. Take breaks pouring but keep whisking the whole time.
- Add in the broth and filling. Stir and let bubble for a few minutes. Done!