Finding a ranch dressing that is actually healthy is pretty difficult! It's easiest to make this homemade one, and it tastes delicious and super fresh!
Want more clean, healthy dressings? Check out this list of dairy free dressings! They're all sugar and soy free!
Ranch Dressing ingredients
I love using all fresh ingredients in this dressing. You can definitely use dried herbs and spices if you wish, just play around with the ratios.
The base of this dressing is mayo. I use this whole30 mayo recipe, which is so fast and easy! Don't be intimated to make your own mayo, the recipe provided is fool-proof!
This is probably one of the easiest recipes on my site!
First, add all the ingredients to a mason jar.
Next and lastly, blend everything together with an immersion blender.
Now you have a healthy ranch dressing to use in place of the unhealthy, processed ranch in the store!
- Sour Cream- Use a dairy free version, or the real thing if dairy doesn't bother you!
- Dried Herbs- You can use dried dill and parsley, and garlic and onion powder as well. Just play around with the ratios!
Use this the same way you would processed ranch.
- Dip for veggies.
- Dip your pizza in it!
- Mix in with your mashed potatoes.
- Drizzle over roasted veggies.
- Use in place of sour cream on a baked potato.
- Spread on your burger.
You'll need a knife and cutting board to prepare the fresh veggies.
You'll need a mason jar to place the ingredients in.
The immersion blender is the star piece of equipment here. It blends everything together perfectly and easily. Immersion blenders are pretty easy to clean too! They detach easily and you can clean it well.
If your mayonnaise is freshly homemade, keep the ranch dressing no more than 3-5 days.
Store it in an air tight container. If you made it in a mason jar, put the lid on tightly and keep it inside the fridge.
Dairy Free Ranch Dressing
- 1 mason jar
- 1 Knife
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Immersion Blender
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large garlic clove peeled and diced (or 2 small cloves)
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon distilled vinegar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup fresh dill lightly packed
- ¼ cup fresh parsley lightly packed
- Place all the ingredients inside a mason jar.
- Blend thoroughly with the immersion blender. Enjoy!
Did you love this Whole30 Ranch Dressing? Let me know in the comments below! I love hearing your feedback.
Tag me on Instagram @thecleanhappylife to show me your creations with this recipe! I love seeing what you're all making!