I absolutely LOVE tostones, and am always looking for new ways to make them! These pork enchilada tostones are PERFECT for game day coming up, as the meat is made in a slow cooker, so you can keep it warm all night and let guests help themselves!
I made mine using the new Green Enchilada Sauce from Siete, it’s Whole30 approved! I also love using their Whole30 approved hot sauce on top! The chipotle sauce is pictured on top.
Learn to make tostones here. They may seem intimidating at first, but are easy in reality.
Pork Enchilada Tostones
- 2 lbs pork loin
- 1 Cup green enchilada sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-1/4 tbsp potato starch double if needed
- 1 tbsp water double if needed
- 1 batch tostones
- Chop the pork loin into large chunks. Place into the slow-cooker.
- Add the enchilada sauce to the pork and stir to coat. Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- When finished, shred the pork. Note-the easiest way to shred it is by using a mixer.
- In a small bowl, mix the potato starch and water. Slowly add to the pork mixture while stirring to thicken.
- Serve on top of the tostones. Enjoy!