Pork Verde Skillet makes a fabulous egg free breakfast! It’s Whole30 and Paleo too!
If you’ve never made verde sauce, you’re missing out! It’s only something I’ve recently been experimenting with, and it’s so tasty and versatile.
This meal is a filling and hearty dinner, but also makes a great idea for an egg free breakfast!
Pork Verde Skillet
- 3 tomatillos peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 3/4 cup cilantro rough chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped (optional
- 2 4-oz. cans of fire roasted green chiles
- 2-3 lbs potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1-1.5 lb pork loin sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 1 tsp. salt
- cilantro optional
- For the sauce, place all the ingredients into a blender, and blend until just smooth. Set aside.
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil, and add the potatoes. Cook until just fork tender, then drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pork and cook thoroughly, about 10 minutes,
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook for a few minutes until tender.
- Add the sauce to the pan and mix thoroughly. Let simmer for a few minutes to mix the flavors.
- Add the potatoes and pork mixture together and stir. Serve topped with cilantro and enjoy!