If you’ve never made verde sauce, you’re missing out! It’s only something I’ve recently been experimenting with, and it’s so tasty and versatile.
This meal is a filling and hearty dinner, but also makes a great idea for an egg free breakfast!
Pork Verde Skillet
- 3 tomatillos peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 3/4 cup cilantro rough chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped (optional
- 2 4-oz. cans of fire roasted green chiles
- 2-3 lbs potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1-1.5 lb pork loin sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 1 tsp. salt
- cilantro optional
- For the sauce, place all the ingredients into a blender, and blend until just smooth. Set aside.
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil, and add the potatoes. Cook until just fork tender, then drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pork and cook thoroughly, about 10 minutes,
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook for a few minutes until tender.
- Add the sauce to the pan and mix thoroughly. Let simmer for a few minutes to mix the flavors.
- Add the potatoes and pork mixture together and stir. Serve topped with cilantro and enjoy!