This is such a beautiful salad to present at cookouts. It looks so summery and the raspberry flavors are naturally sweet! Don’t skip marinating the shallots-this softens them and takes away the sting. Enjoy!
Raspberry Kale Salad
- 1 head kale
- 1 shallot
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry blush balsamic vinegar
- pinch salt
- 1 6 oz package raspberries
- 1/8 cup pumpkin seeds
- Chop the shallot into long strips.
- Mix together the oil, vinegar, and salt.
- Submerge the shallots into the oil mixture and let them rest for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, wash and chop the kale. Place in a large bowl and add a dash of salt (or a few dashes of lemon juice). Massage the kale until it just starts to wilt.
- Add the raspberries and pumpkin seeds to the kale. Add the marinated onions, and as much of the dressing as desired.
- Serve as is or carefully mix together, trying not to smush the raspberries, and serve!