These cookies are seriously good and kid approved! They're a perfect treat to make during strawberry season. They're also nut, dairy, and grain/gluten free. So many grain free baked goods seem to require a ton of eggs to offset the flour, but since these use cassava flour, it only requires 1 egg!
Cassava flour is my favorite grain free flour. Not only is the taste delicious in savory meals like fried chicken, but when it comes to baked goods, cassava is the grain free flour that is most similar to regular all-purpose flour. In many instances you can substitute it with a 1:1 ratio for all-purpose flour.
Give these a try and drop a comment below!
Strawberry Cookie Puffs
A delicious grain free cookie!
- 1 Cup Cassava Flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tbps honey
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoon coconut oil not melted, just soft enough to mix in
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Cup chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie tray with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add in the honey, egg, softened coconut oil, and vanilla. Stir until slightly mixed (It won't be wet enough to fully mix until the strawberries are added).
- Add in the chopped strawberries and mix until combined.
- Roll the cookie dough into approximately 15 balls and place on the tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a light golden brown color forms on the bottom.
Because the chopped strawberries will be exposed, I recommend storing these in an airtight container in the fridge, and taking them out to return to room temperature before eating.
Is there a specific brand of Cassava flour that you use and would recommend?
I like Terrasoul Superfoods, they're organic and good quality! I'm also using Jeb Foods brand, and it's been good!