Growing up, I loved to eat tacos. We would buy the taco kit boxes at the store, my mom would make the meat using the seasoning mix provided, and we would all pick our toppings of choice. I loved how juicy, salty, and flavorful the meat was. Now I choose to avoid those taco seasoning mixes because they are typically full of food colorings and MSG. Here I’ve recreated that same flavor, but with real spices and no additives. Enjoy!
- 1-1.5 lb. Ground meat of choice
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. Cumin
- 1/4 tsp. Chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp. Oregano
- Mix together all seasonings.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add ground meat.
- As the ground meat cooks, add the seasonings and stir to coat evenly.
- Cook meat for approximately 10 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with taco shell of your choice!