Buffalo chicken stuffed sweet potatoes was one of my favorite new-to-me meals when I started eating healthy. It’s jam packed full of flavor! On its own it’s quite tasty, but when you add the cilantro and ranch, it kicks it up quite a few notches!
Many of the versions out there don’t have many added vegetables, so this version has a variety added. And the raw celery adds a nice crunch.
If you tolerate dairy, definitely add some goat cheese on top also!
Any buffalo sauce will do, but The New Primal is my favorite! They have mild, medium, and hot varieties. Check them out here and use code THECLEANHAPPYLIFE for 15% off!
Veggied-up Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4-6 sweet potatoes baked
- 1.5 tbsp. cooking fat
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken chopped
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1-2 stalks celery chopped
- cilantro, ranch, and more buffalo sauce for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Score the potatoes, and place on a baking sheet. Depending on size, bake them for 40-60 minutes, when you can easily pierce them with a fork. When finished, set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, and add the cooking fat. Saute the carrots and onions for roughly 8 minutes, or until softened. Add the peppers and garlic and cook 5 more minutes, or until softened. Remove from the skillet.
- Cook the chicken in the pan. When cooked through, add the veggies back to the pan. Mix in the buffalo sauce and celery and mix until heated through.
- Slice open the sweet potatoes, and stuff the mixture inside. Top with cilantro and ranch.