Here's another SUPER easy sheet pan meal! It has such a buttery taste that's SO delicious!
Allergen + Lifestyle Friendly
Made with butter, it's primal and keto friendly! The veggies and fish are low carb. If you use ghee, then it's paleo and Whole30 compliant!
Sheet Pan Recipes
Want more sheet pan recipes? Check out this Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner, Healthy Beef and Broccoli Recipe, or Garlicky Asian Sheet Pan Supper! Sheet Pan meals are some of my favorite dishes to make as they are just so easy, both on the prep and the clean up afterward!
For a complete list, check out this post of Healthy Sheet Pan Dinners!
Note that you can use salmon here or whiting fillets. Whiting is usually more budget friendly and tastes even better in my opinion. In my area at least, it is easy to find whiting fillets that are wild caught too! Wild caught is important since farm raised fish are bred in horrible conditions that are inhumane and unsanitary. Wild caught means the fish were caught in their natural habitat and lived a natural life, without being mistreated. They are healthier this way too, and since you are what you eat, you'll be healthier for it too!
Keto/Whole30 Fish Sheet Pan Meal
- 1 stick butter Use Ghee if Whole30
- ½ Tbsp. thyme
- ½ Tbsp. parsley
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 lb waxed turnip peeled and chopped
- 1 lb asparagus woody stems removed
- 4 4-6 oz. whiting or salmon fillets
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium saucepan over medium, melt the butter. Add the thyme, parsley, and salt, and let lightly simmer for a few minutes to incorporate the flavor.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the turnip, and remove the woody stems from the asparagus.
- Lay vegetables on a sheet pan, and spoon half the butter mixture on top. Mix, then place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and lay the fish over the veggies. Spoon the remaining butter mixture over the fish and veggies. Bake for another 20 minutes, or until the fish is done.
- Serve and enjoy!
When purchasing sheet pans for these recipes, stay away from aluminum or non-stick! They have toxins that leach into food when heated. Instead, look for pans made from stainless steel. The material is not toxic and they are quite durable.
Note that this post contains affiliate links, which earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Let me know below if you tried this and what you thought of it! Be sure to check out some of the other easy sheet pan recipes listed above too!
Donna Garrison says
I am always looking for yummy recipes that will serve both my partner who is keto, and the rest of the family who is not. This recipe fits the bill and looks delicious.
Love that, so relatable! I do more paleo but my hubby does keto, so always gotta find that balance! Hope you and yours enjoy it 💖
Jimmy Clare says
I want to eat this right now
It's sooo buttery and garlicky, yummy!