Whole30 Creamy Tuscan Chicken is a quick and delicious one pan meal. Easy on cleanup but not skimping on flavor, you'll be sure to add this to your meal rotation!
Ingredients for Whole30 Tuscan Chicken
- Olive oil
- Arrowroot Powder
- Almond Milk
- Lemon Juice
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Artichoke Hearts (optional)
How to Make Paleo Creamy Tuscan Chicken
Start by cooking the chicken. When it's finished, set it aside and let it rest and cool. Slice it into bite sized pieces.
Sauté the onion in more olive oil, the after a couple of minutes add the garlic and continue to sauté.
Add in the arrowroot powder, stirring constantly to allow it to mix with the oil and coat the onion and veggies.
Turn up the heat and add the milk slowly, stirring the whole time. The key is to let it thicken and boil in between each addition. Repeat the same process with the broth.
Lower the heat back to medium and add in the mustard, lemon juice, and spices. Mix thouroughly.
Add in the sliced chicken, sun dried tomatoes, and spinach. Stir to evenly coat everything and let the spinach wilt.
Serve and enjoy!
How to Serve Paleo Tuscan Chicken
This is a Whole30 recipe, so if you're currently doing a Whole30, I like to serve this over Whole30 mashed potatoes! Comfort food at it's finest!
If you're doing the Whole30 reintroduction and want to test how you do with gluten, serve it over pasta for a restaurant worthy meal!
Of course gluten free pasta works too, which is how I typically eat it! Zucchini noodles and sweet potato noodles are delicious too.
Tips for a One Pan Tuscan Chicken
If needed, you can substitute tapioca powder for the arrowroot flour.
Make sure to pat dry the spinach before adding it to the pan, as the excess water can thin out the sauce.
Make sure to read the label on your marinated artichokes! Many of them have soybean oil or other non-compatible ingredients, so do your research, or omit it completely.
If for whatever reason the sauce is not thick enough, thicken it with a slurry! Mix together 1 part arrowroot to 2 parts cold water, and pour it into the sauce, stirring rapidly.
If you prefer bone in, skin on chicken, you can absolutely use that here! Just cook it longer and skip slicing it up.
Tools Needed for this Dairy Free Dinner Recipe
You really don't need any fancy items!
You'll need a knife and cutting board to prep the veggies.
You'll need a wooden spoon or the like to mix everything.
Lastly you'll need a nice big skillet or dutch oven to cook everything in.
I love my Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven! Fun fact, I won it during a Lodge Instagram live during the shutdown of 2020!
I really like the size and how well it holds the heat. I also love how easy it is to clean up!
Healthy Tuscan Chicken Recipe (Whole30, Paleo)
Whole30 Tuscan Chicken (Paleo)
- 1 Knife
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Large Skillet or Dutch Oven
- 1 Mixing Spoon
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil split, butter works if not Whole30
- 1 lb chicken tenders boneless, skinless, thighs work too
- 1 onion sliced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp. arrowroot powder
- 1 cup almond milk dairy is fine if not Whole30
- ¾ cup broth
- 1 Tbsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. rosemary
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. basil
- ½ tsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. salt more or less depending on how salty your broth is
- ¾ cup sun dried tomatoes julienned
- 1 bunch spinach chopped
- 1 8 oz. jar of marinated artichokes optional, read labels for Whole30 compatibility
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken for for 3-4 minutes per side, or more depending on size. Set aside. Let rest then slice into bite sized pieces.
- Heat the remaining 3 Tbsp. olive oil in the pan. Sauté the onion slices for 2 minutes, then add in the garlic and cook 1 more minute, stirring frequently.
- Stirring rapidly, add in the arrowroot powder until it's all mixed into the oil and the onion and garlic are coated.
- Turn up the heat a couple of notches, then slowly pour in the milk, stirring rapidly. Allow it to thicken and start to boil before each addition. Repeat the same process with the broth.
- Turn down the heat to medium and stir in the mustard, lemon juice, and spices.
- Add in the sliced chicken, sun dried tomatoes, spinach, and artichokes if using. Stir to coat and mix evenly, allowing the spinach to wilt. Enjoy!
More Whole30 and Paleo Recipes to Try
Did you make this recipe? Let me know in the comments below how it came out, and how you served it!
Feel free to take a picture and tag me on Instagram @thecleanhappylife!
Please note, some of these links may be affiliate links. This means I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you (in fact, you may even get a discount!). Thank you for your support!