This recipe is such a simple but filling weeknight dinner! I love how versatile it is. You can swap out the hot dogs for a sausage or bratwurst. The spices are simple, so use whatever you prefer, but I like to keep it that way in order to let the hot sauce really stand out. Enjoy!
One-pot Veggies and Hot Dogs
- 2 tbsp. oil of choice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- ½ head cabbage, shredded or chopped into strings
- 2-4 potatoes, cubed
- 1 16. oz pack of hot dogs, chopped into bite-size pieces
- salt and pepper
- 4 eggs optional
- hot sauce for serving
- Wash veggies and chop veggies and hot dogs.
- Heat oil in large pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and pepper and saute until softened.
- Add potatoes and put lid on, cook until they are softened but not fully cooked.
- Add cabbage and hot dogs and replace the lid. Stir occasionally and cook until everything is heated through and softened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- Optional: If desired, serve with fried eggs and hot sauce.